Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Babies, Babies and more Babies!


I just realized that it has been quite sometime since I have mentioned  anything about my doula work. I am getting ready to help with my 12th birth. I can't believe it! I have a pretty busy March and April planned. I have four scheduled so far.  I feel so privileged to be able to be apart of these new little lives! It's a pretty rewarding job. So, for any of you who were wondering, yes, I am still in the "baby" business and loving every minute of it! I just started a part time job at a little place in Louisville that has lactation consulting and everything you could possibly need for pregnancy and nursing. It's a really neat place to work having doula experience because everything that I talk about with customers directly relates to my baby job. I am learning so much!

4 comments:

ginmommy said...

Very cool you do that!!! I'd love to know if you've had any moms "FREAK OUT" on you??

Arthur Family said...

Freak out? Oh, yes! You just bring them back to what is going on and help them focus. Usually the freak out part comes when it is almost over! I do have to say tha tmost of my moms know what they are getting into..unlike you and your surprise! You are a strong lady!

Tracey said...

Man, I can't imagine doing what you do!! The first whimper and I'd be like "Ok, what do you want? An epidural? Sure!" Takes STRONG people to walk thru labor like that. I wish I wasn't such a wimp!

Arthur Family said...

There are no wimps in childbirth! I've been there for every kind you can imagine! C-section, epidurals, 11 hour drug free births, 3 hour drug free births..everyone has their own coping thing! Do what you have to do!