Thursday, March 11, 2010

Feeling old...

You know when you were in your early 20's and you could stay up all night and still function the next day? Well, today I am reminded that I am in my 30's. Last night I was able to witness an incredible birth and see a new little life come into the world. I got home home at 3:30 this morning and then had to be up to go to my little part time job at 6:30. Lauren was very nice and let me lay on the couch for 20 minutes when I got home this afternoon! I don't know why I get so shocked at myselfwhen it takes me longer and longer to recover from these overnight appearences that these babies like to make! All of my doula friends call it the baby "hangover," No matter how short or long the birth is you always come out extremely wrung out. I really can't complain, though...being able to witness the miracle of life is totally worth losing a little sleep over!

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

What are you talking about "little part time job"?? I think it's awesome you help birth babies.

Tracey said...

You are a better woman than me! I couldn't go on 3 hours of sleep!

I've gotten to be in on both of my sister's births and one of my friend's...it's SOOO amazing!