Thursday, March 25, 2010

The good with the bad....

So, it has been an eventful week. Please don't judge me by the story I'm about to tell you....I got pulled over the other night..with my four year old in the car. If you know Charlestown, then you know that the speed flucuates driving through town. It was late at night and Lauren and I were on the way home from a friend's house. I had just reached the part of town where the speed limit drops and started to slow down. No sooner had I hit the brakes than the lovely blue and red lights filled our car. My sweet four year old starts yelling and screaming "Mommy, what did you do? Are we going ot jail? I want to sleep in my own bed! Daddy will be very angry with you if we go to jail!" I'm telling her to calm down and tried to explain what happened when the cop comes over. I hand over my license and registration and the whole time Lauren is still yelling..SO the cop flashes his flashlight into the backseat and guess who doesn't have her seatbelt on? I know she put it on when we left our friend's house! She told me it just "came out". Maybe it did, I don't know. I ended up with a ticket, a child restraint violation and a nice talking to about being a responsible parent! Only me, only me...Thankfully my wonderful husband did not yell at me when he conveniently found the ticket on the counter and has only made one smart alecky comment about it all week.
The good part of the week was that I was privileged to be able to attend an incredible birth of a friend of mine. I love my job! Each birth is such testimony to the power of prayer. My friend was actually scheduled to have a c-section (not by choice) and she decided that if she was supposed to have a natural delivery she would go into to labor before the c-section was to take place. We all just prayed for God to give her peace about all of it.  Twenty four hours before her scheduled section her water broke. She was able to have the beautiful, drug free birth that she desired. God is in complete control of every little aspect of our lives! To some of you this may sound crazy, but my job is to help my clients have a positive birth experience, even if that means a c-section. If a mom doesn't feel good about the birth, then it can cause all kinds of post partum issues. Fifty percent of birth is phsycological.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Judge you? Please! We've all been there, done that. Well...maybe not the kid out of the seat belt, but I kind of chuckled when I read that. :)

And, what an amazing job you have!! Neat how God saw her heart and gave her her desire.